IT Engine is proudly New Zealand owned and focused on providing quality IT solutions for government, corporates, as well as small to medium businesses.
Originally part of the Quay Computers retail store in Lambton Quay, Quay Corporate established itself as the corporate arm of the business back in 1997. In 2008 the business rebranded to IT Engine after Delia and David Gill purchased the business. Delia led the business over the following 10 years developing the business, brand, and local Wellington team.
In 2018, IT Engine was acquired by TPT Group, this followed the Group’s acquisition of another IT services business in November 2017. The combined business took on the IT Engine name and operates offices in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. The Christchurch office opened early 2020 to further support customers across the country and the Dunedin office post Covid-19 Alert Level 3 & 4. In addition to the IT Engines offices, customers are supported by a further 15 offices of sister company Advanced Security Group.
The parent company, TPT Group, was founded in 1999 and consists of eight businesses, several leaders in their respective fields. The focus of the Group is to create a great group of businesses and several of the businesses are focused on technology and future innovative products. The Group is governed by a board of directors comprising of three independent directors.
The Group consists of companies in the electronic security, finance, information technology, commercial/industrial property, and technology sectors. These include Advanced Security Group, Technology Leasing (NZ) Limited, IT Engine, Promessa Property Group Limited, ASGSPL Limited, ASG Technologies Limited, VigilAir Limited, Asset Insight Limited and TPT Group Investment Fund Limited.
The Group have founded eight successful startup companies and completed ten acquisitions in New Zealand.
How We Do Business
Over the years, the success of our business has come from looking after our clients as we look after our staff – people are the key to great business – and because we enjoy what we do, our clients enjoy dealing with us!
Our clients need their IT systems to be stable, supported and to drive their business. The team at IT Engine understand this by providing friendly, knowledgeable engineers who deliver the support and expertise that fits to clients budgets, goals and future plans. Our satisfaction is earned through satisfied clients. At IT Engine, we truly enjoy what we do and the people we work with – this is reflected in a low staff turnover and positive working environment.
- Our information technology consultants are the best. Our people at IT Engine are a valuable resource. They guide projects and provide ongoing consultation and advice to our clients.
- Multi-brand philosophy. We’re not tied to any single brand, so we have the freedom to recommend the best solutions for each situation.
- Superior knowledge management. Our expertise grows with every job we do, and we make sure innovations and new knowledge are shared within the team.
- We cover New Zealand. Our headquarters are in Auckland and we have branch offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchuch, with an additional 15 offices via our sister company Advanced Security.
- We’re New Zealand owned and operated. We are proudly New Zealand owned, IT Engine is a wholly owned subsidiary of ultimate parent company TPT Group Holdings (NZ) Limited.
- Microsoft Gold Partner. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner with full capability in this suite of products including the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Our field staff are multi-skilled. They’re trained to handle a wide variety of faults, so that problems are solved quickly and easily.
- We never close. Our customer and support services operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Spares are quickly available. We carry service spares with these distributed across our network of offices
- Job & project management platform. We operate a comphrensive job and project management platform which provides job scheduling and job management.
- Award-winning performance. We regularly win industry awards for customer support, business performance and service levels.
- Quality assurance systems. IT Engine operates a comprehensive controlled quality assurance system with certification in ISO 9001:2015. ISO 9000 is designed to help organisations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to a product or service. ISO9000 deals with the fundamentals of quality management systems, including the seven quality management principles upon which the family of standards is based. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that organisations wishing to meet the standard must fulfil. The seven quality management principles are: QMP 1 – Customer focus, QMP 2 – Leadership, QMP 3 – Engagement of people, QMP 4 – Process approach, QMP 5 – Improvement, QMP 6 – Evidence-based decision making, QMP 7 – Relationship management.
- Heath & Safety systems. IT Engine has substantial Health & Safety systems and is certified in ISO OHSAS 18001:2007 and AS/NZS 4801:2001 for Health & Safety with an intention to eliminate the risk of injury to staff, customers and the public. These identify the potential risks, the safety procedures and Health & Safety methods associated with a project. Daily job cards are also used to identify potential hazards specific to that day’s work. We are externally audited for Health & Safety compliance and best practice, and are proud of our achievements in this area.
- Environmental systems. As a New Zealand owned company, IT Engine are consciously aware of our role in preserving the environment and have certification in ISO 14001:2015. Our environmental policy focuses on utilising renewable resources to avoid the depletion of natural resources. Through coordinated efforts the company seek to identify and recycle workplace materials and make economic and energy efficient decisions throughout daily operations. To manage environmental risks on customer sites, our quality and safety systems ensure all staff and personnel involved with the contract are fully aware of the relevant risks and mitigations.
Recognition & Accreditation
- 2017 Microsoft Midmarket Cloud Solutions – Winner
- 2016 Microsoft Midmarket Cloud – Finalist
- 2014 Microsoft Server Platform – Winner
- 2014 Microsoft Small Business – Winner
- 2014 Microsoft Midsize Partner – Finalist
- 2013 Microsoft Small Business – Finalist
- 2012 Microsoft Small Business – Finalist
- 2011 Microsoft Small Business – Finalist
- 2018 – Microsoft Gold Partner
- 2015 – ISO 9001:2015 Certification for Quality Assurance
- 2015 – ISO 14001:2015 for Environmental
- 2015 – OHSAS 18001:2007 AS/NZS 4801:2001 for Health & Safety
“We believe in building working partnerships – every client has unique goals and requirements, and we tailor our products and services to custom-fit each organisation. Timely, effective advice and support is the keystone of our business. Our aim is to ‘get it right the first time’. Our philosophy is to deliver systems and support that meet and exceed clients’ expectations of quality and value for money”.